“Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.” – from the statement released by FBI Director James Comey on July 5, 2016
I am amazed at the fact that Mr. Comey has chosen not to file any charges against Hillary Clinton. I guess I am naive and don’t understand that corruption must be the rule, not the exception in Washington, D.C. Maybe if I can find the answers to a few questions, that will help me understand.
Here are some questions about Hillary Clinton that I would love to have answered by supporters of Mrs. Clinton:
- Would Mrs. Clinton, today, pass a background check to allow her to have access to classified materials given that she has proven to have been careless, at least, and intentionally lawless, at most, in her past handling of secret government communications?
- Would any U.S. Citizen, today, pass a background check to allow access to classified materials given that citizen had proven to have been careless, at least, and intentionally lawless, at most, in his or her past handling of secret government communications?
- Is it possible that Mrs. Clinton has so little understanding of modern communications that she was totally unaware of the security risks that she was creating by having multiple communications systems outside of the government systems?
- Should a person who is so totally unaware of modern communications and who is unwilling to accept the recommendations of experts on how to handle such communications be allowed to hold high public office?
- Is it believable to you that Mr. Clinton’s meeting with Attorney General Loretta Lynch in Phoenix was a chance meeting and that they spoke only of golf, grand children and travel plans?
- Shortly after her meeting with Bill Clinton in Phoenix, Attorney General Lynch stated that she would accept the recommendations of career prosecutors and federal agents concerning whether to bring charges against Mrs. Clinton in the email investigation. Do you believe that Attorney General Lynch knew that the FBI would not recommend that charges be filed against Mrs. Clinton? If so, do you believe that she knew that before the Phoenix meeting with Bill Clinton?
- Do you believe that Mrs. Clinton obstructed a federal investigation when she delayed for months in delivering emails to the FBI? If not, why do you think she was so slow? Why do you think she had her emails screened by attorneys working for her and withheld many of them saying they were personal?
- Do you understand how Mrs. Clinton turned a $1,000 account into $100,000 in the cattle futures market in less than a year?
- Do you believe Mrs. Clinton has the moral character to hold the position of trust and power that is the Presidency of the United States?
- Can you list Mrs. Clinton’s highly touted “qualifications” to be President?
- Do you believe Mrs. Clinton is beholden to more or fewer special interests than Mr. Trump?
- Have you read to the end any speech or article given/written by Mr. Trump or is your opinion of him formed exclusively from viewing videos and hearing/reading sound bites about him or his actions?