A very good and long-time friend is retired and politically active. He reads a lot, including a variety of views, many of which I am either unaware of or don’t take the trouble to read. Yesterday, he sent me a short description of America today. I thought it worth passing on through this blog. I apologize if this just deepens your depression over the state of our government. I assume most of you are already in a bad mood since you are busy sending tax money to Washington to misspend on your behalf.
As you know, the definition of the word Conundrum is: something that is puzzling or confusing.
Now that you have been reminded, check out the following email message I received today. If this isn’t confusing, I don’t know what is!!!
The six contradictions of socialism in the United States of America:
1. America is capitalist and greedy – yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Half of the population is subsidized – yet they think they are victims.
3. They think they are victims – yet their representatives run the government.
4. Their representatives run the government – yet the poor keep getting poorer.
5. The poor keep getting poorer – yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about – yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century.